Helvetica Swiss Living Fund's real estate portfolio grows


     


The Helvetica Swiss Living Fund (HSL Fund) was able to expand its real estate portfolio by 13 high-quality residential properties with a total value of CHF 210 million in the first half of 2022. As of the end of June 2022, it now consists of a total of 54 properties with 1,630 apartments and a market value of CHF 715 million.

Acquisition of 13 new residential properties in attractive locations
Growth of real estate portfolio to CHF 715.1 million, +43% compared to year-end 2021

Actual rental income p.a. of CHF 25.1 million as of June 30, 2022
Rental income of CHF 11.0 million, compared to CHF 4.7 million in H1 2021

Total fund assets grow to CHF 727.0 million, +41% compared to year-end 2021

Net asset value per unit at CHF 113.05 as of June 30, 2022

Details on the frist half of 2022

In the first half of 2022, the fund management of the Helvetica Swiss Living Fund was able to carry out a heavily oversubscribed capital increase with proceeds of CHF 125.6 million. With the inflow of capital, 13 additional residential properties in attractive locations with a market value of CHF 210 million could be acquired. The market value of the real estate portfolio as of June 30, 2022 increased to CHF 715.1 million, which represents an increase of approximately 43% compared to year-end 2021 (31.12.2021: CHF 500.8 million). The portfolio now includes a total of 54 properties with 1,630 apartments.

Income statement

As a result of the further portfolio growth, rental income increased by 135% to CHF 11.0 million in the reporting period 2022 compared to the first half of 2021 (June 30, 2021: CHF 4.7 million). In the reporting period ending June 30, 2022, the annual actual rental income was around CHF 25.1 million, an increase of CHF 6.8 million from CHF 18.3 million at the end of the previous year. Since the beginning of the year, 126 apartments have been newly leased, which has contributed to the occupancy rate remaining stable at 94.9%. The properties newly added to the portfolio also have a high re-letting potential and contribute to quality enhancement and open up additional sources of income.

Net income increased to CHF 8.9 million in the first half of 2022 (30.06.2021: CHF 3.5 million). The valuation of the property portfolio by the independent valuation expert resulted in an unrealized capital gain of CHF 4.1 million (30.6.2021: CHF 2.7 million). The total profit for the first half of 2022 thus amounted to CHF 11.6 million (30.6.2021: CHF 5.7 million).

Balance sheet

Total fund assets as of June 30 amounted to CHF 727.0 million (31.12.2021: CHF 516.3 million). After deduction of liabilities of CHF 289.1 million (31.12.2021: CHF 203.1 million) and estimated liquidation taxes of CHF 3.9 million (31.12.2021: CHF 2.4 million), net fund assets reached a value of CHF 434 million (31.12.2021: CHF 310.1 million). The net asset value per fund unit as of June 30 was CHF 113.05. The real estate portfolio worth CHF 715.1 million is broadly diversified and comprises 54 properties. Geographically, around 90% of the portfolio is located in German-speaking Switzerland, with the remaining 10% spread across southern and western Switzerland.

Outlook

In the second half of the year, the fund management aims to further expand the portfolio in line with its investment strategy. The purchase agreement for a property with 48 apartments in Biel was already notarized in June at a price of CHF 16 million. The transfer of ownership is planned for the fourth quarter of 2022. Thanks to the continued high demand for residential space, the occupancy rate is also expected to rise again in the second half of the year. To further increase rental income and enhance the attractiveness of the portfolio, building potential is also to be seized in the medium term. Future growth steps will be critically analyzed and investments will only be considered if yields remain in line with the market. If market terms and conditions continue to develop favorably, a further capital increase will be reviewed.

An attractive distribution is also expected for the 2022 financial year.

23/02/2023


Lu 1017 fois

Immo-swissnews.ch